We would like to invite you to an online discussion organised by Refugee Support Aegean (RSA) on Tuesday 16 March 2021 at 17:00 CET.
The discussion will be in English.
The toxic EU-Turkey ‘deal’ signed on 18 March 18 2016, aimed at halting the arrival of refugees and migrants from Turkey to Europe, has trapped thousands of people on the Eastern Aegean islands.
Refugees and islanders talk about the effects of the ‘deal’ on their lives and on local communities.
Coordinated by: Fotini Lampridi, journalist
Introduction: Efi Latsoudi, Refugee Support Aegean (RSA), Nansen Refugee Award by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (2016).
- Amal Adwan, Palestinian refugee from Syria, interpreter, data analyst
- Ahmad Ebrahimi, refugee from Afghanistan, film-maker
- Parwana Amiri, 17-year-old asylum seeker from Afghanistan, activist
- Irini Papachistou, Samos resident, member of the Movement for Human Rights – Solidarity for Refugees
- Giorgos Tyrikos-Ergas, Lesvos resident, solidarian, author
- Sophia Chatzifounda, Kos resident, member of Kos anti-fascist movement
Commenting: Karl Kopp, Director of European Affairs, PRO ASYL
You can watch the event below or by clicking here (don’t forget to subscribe to get a reminder)
You can also watch it through our Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/472431157118176