Refugee Support Aegean (RSA) is a non-profit organization focusing on strategic litigations in support of refugees, monitoring human rights violations as well as the provision of legal, social and humanitarian support in individual cases. Members of the organization are based on the islands and in the mainland and are visiting different parts of Greece in order to document the situation there.
- To pursue the protection of refugees and their rights with a focus on vulnerable groups such as unaccompanied minors and victims of torture, violence or abuse.
- To provide legal, social, psychological and humanitarian assistance particularly to refugees, international protection seekers and other vulnerable persons and also victims of human rights violations and victims of shipwrecks.
- To promote and defend the “principle of non-discrimination”, the prohibition of torture and other ill-treatment, the right to a fair asylum procedure, the principle of non-refoulement, and in general individual rights and freedoms.
- To provide humanitarian support for vulnerable groups and other persons in need of international protection who need help because of their physical, mental or emotional condition or because of social reasons.
- To develop actions in order to inform and raise public awareness to combat racism and xenophobia and at the same time promote non-violence and human rights protection.